We are raising more than $300,000 for State High students in 2023!
The P&C’s annual budget is a significant contributor to State High students and the school, with funds raised covering:
- personal injury insurance for all students, providing financial coverage for students injured at school or representing the school in an official capacity – a support not covered by Education Queensland
- the Executive Principal discretionary fund, which assists families experiencing hardship to cover school costs
- total annual operating budget for the school library, which supports maintaining and expanding school library resources such as online journals and databases
- annual World Teachers Day celebrations, Staff Excellence Awards, Student Awards and School Dux gift
- contributing to the cost of the school mini-bus, school vehicle and transportation expenses for school excursions and sport commitments, keeping the cost of bus hire for excursions to a reasonable level for families
- maintenance of the school’s Sporting Complex on Fursden Road, home to GPS and QGSSSA sporting matches and local community sports every week
- contribution to sports medicine for students
- coaches apparel and end-of-season gift for coaches.
Extra-curricular activities and P&C Subcommittee initiatives
The below fundraising campaigns support the hundreds of students who participate in extra-curricular sporting and cultural activities each year. All donations made to these campaigns via the online Australian Sports Foundation are tax-deductible.
Fursden Road Sporting Fields are the heart of our extra-curricular sporting programs. The P&C Association and subcommittees are raising funds throughout 2023 for a new solar-powered scoreboard at the grounds, for use at all of our home games held at the grounds each year.
State High's rowing boats are used all year round in both the boys’ and girls’ rowing programs. Competing at an elite level within the GPS and BSRA competitions, and on a modest budget, the program relies on the generosity of the community to replace boats and boating equipment that is aging-out of the State High program. This also helps keep the sport of rowing as cost-accessible as possible to all State High students.
Through your generous support we will subsidise the rising cost of buses to events, the hire of the UQ Sport Athletics Centre and Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre venues for training and events, and support the purchase of specialist athletic equipment as needed.
Your donation will support the Brisbane State High P&C Football Subcommittee to deliver equipment, transport, pre-season camps and specialised coaching to more than 20 teams fielded in the GPS competition. This invaluable contribution will enable the school to provide a high-quality and inclusive football program of which it is justifiably proud.
Fencing is growing in popularity at State High, increasing in participants by 50% in 2022! While we continue to utilise donated second-hand equipment and repair our equipment as much as possible, it is still necessary to replace equipment to ensure safety. Your donations will help purchase new training equipment, lames and breeches.
The P&C Dance Subcommittee provides financial assistance to the Dance Program through fundraising and sponsorships to purchase items that are more expensive than day-to-day operational expenses covered under student levies. This includes purchasing new costumes and equipment and supporting extra development opportunities for the student dancers.
Your donation goes towards provision of specialist coaching to all year levels; an all-year, all-level Rugby Camp; purchasing hit shields and strapping tape; provision of a qualified physiotherapist for senior grades; subsidising bus travel to and from Fursden Road for training and to Away games; breakfasts at early morning training sessions; plus a uniform subsidisation program for State High families experiencing financial strain.
Satellite Library Fund
Providing a satellite library on the lower campus delivers significant benefits to junior students, who do not have easy access to the upper‑campus library. State‑of‑the‑art equipment and innovative quiet‑zone and study spaces provides educational opportunities to engage students in their learning.
You can help improve library services for the junior school!
Bank Account Name: Brisbane SHS - DGR Library Fund
BSB: 064 131
Account No: 10603123