Join your P&C
Welcome, we’re so glad you’re here!
The first step to joining the P&C is to download and complete the 2022 Membership Form. You can then submit your signed, completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it into the P&C office next to the Canteen under I Block.
Once a member, there are many ways to get involved with our P&C. You can:
- Join a Sub-committee and network with other parents while making a huge difference to an extra-curricular activity
- Attend the monthly General Meeting, a great place to meet other parents and to hear the regular monthly report from our Executive Principal
- Provide specialist assistance based on your unique expertise, for example in marketing, financial management, events management, web design and content creation, or fundraising expertise/skills
- Support the many sporting and cultural events run by the school or P&C
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated project team that converts event and project ideas into great hits
Volunteering with P&C is a great way to connect with other families, meet new people and play an active role in school life.
Our volunteers make the world of difference and we cannot operate without them. We‘d like to invite you to come and be a part of our dynamic and inspiring association: connect with like-minded people; learn some new skills or contribute your expertise; and get a strong sense of satisfaction from seeing the fruits of your participation make a difference to students.
We have a small team of wonderful, dedicated staff who make our operations come to life. Opportunities to join this team come up from time-to-time. If you’re interested in being a part of this amazing team, check our vacancies page.
You can get involved by volunteering at the canteen or uniform shop; using your skills on one of our special projects; attending our meetings; getting involved in the organisation of State High Day and Rooftop Revel; manning a stand or helping with the BBQ at one our sporting events; becoming a committee member of one the sub-committees; or joining our executive committee that serves and governs the P&C. However you choose to get involved, volunteering is a great way to learn how the P&C runs and to contribute to the outcomes of all BSHS students. Please fill out the online Volunteer Registration Form and we will be in touch.
General Meetings, open to all parents and citizens, are held on the fourth Monday of each month (during term time) at 7.00 PM, in the PAC building. The car park behind PAC (enter from Merivale St) is available and all are welcome.
Let us know if you are interested in any of the above, or if you have something else in mind, through our Contact Us page. Or, let us know about your expertise and willingness to volunteer by adding your name to our Skills Register.